State of Decay State of Decay

Enjoyed it!

Minecraft: TNA Part 27 Minecraft: TNA Part 27

I really enjoyed this episode - especially assisting you good sir :D The speech was awesome! Congrats for the frontpage and daily feature - well deserved!

Tired Tired

Very nice!

D-Pression D-Pression

Very good concept, but getting quite hard :D The music fits well. Good job!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks a lot, Chris! I appreciate that you checked out this small project of mine! Yeah, I figured it might be quite hard :p I'm glad you liked the music too! :'D

Segway of the Dead Segway of the Dead

Yeah! :D :D :D

Shapeshifter Shapeshifter

Great work my friend! Very Elmanish for sure - i think you nailed it very well. The break when you go for the solo piano cinematic style - well done! I also like it that the piano line has got a modern sound and that you edited the velocities that softly. The only thing that i think would have improved the piece even more would have been to get back to the Elfman Style after the piano midpart and to end it in a monumental way. The A-B-A structure always feels more balanced and usually the listener wants that "the circle closes" and that he finds the way back home to where everything begun. But thats probably just my personal preference.

Overall: Great work as usual :D

Bosa responds:

Soft pedal can really give you a contemplative and modern sound, which I used here and there in this song.

Of course I love the Danny Elfman style, but it's not my usual choice to go for when I'm composing. I did more of this style of music around a decade ago, so I created this song to tap into my past work for fun. Overall I'm happy with this piece and ready to move on lol

It's great to hear from you again.

Ectisity - New Found Muse Ectisity - New Found Muse

Hey there mate - i have read you wanted a review? So be it :D First: I like your panorama editing - gives the piece a very nice feel. Sometimes the strings attack comes slightly (really VERY little) too late, but that happens quite often when using libraries. I enjoyed the track quite much. The integrated risers and all the other "hybrid effects" worked very well in context. For my taste some reverb on the "broad synth" in the chorus part would have been nice. The sound in general is quite wet - thats why that synth feels a little bit too dry. I also would have found it cool to bring in more diversity in feel by adding a midpart that breaks the rhythm / tonality to finally come back to the origin. I really have to confess that i am not knowing much of making dubstep and also of how production in dub / dance / trance / techno usually works, so forgive me if i should have something noob-like :D

IMO a great track which brought me in a good mood!

All the best and keep it up,
Chris

Ectisity responds:

Thanks Chris, really glad you like it :D. I believe all the things pointed out is something that's important in all genres, so no worries there :). I usually have very distinctive and dragged-out breaks in most of my dance tracks, so I wanted to try out shorter and more compact breaks for once. The ideal might be somewhere in the middle :). Reverb is something I've always had a bit of difficulty with as I either add too much or too little, but I'll continue working on it.

Thanks for the Review :D!

Silly Department Silly Department

Funny little tune - it reminds me a lot of a fun fair. There i probably would have been performed by a barrel organ (check out the one from SonoKinetic - this one would really fit wel for this type of music).

There isnt really much to critizise here. The structure is solid, the mood has been captured very well, it was indeed catchy and also hat a nice chip sound.

Overall very entertaining. Keep it up!

Bertn1991 responds:

Thank you so much for a kind and thoughtful review :D I will check out this SonoKinetic organ you speak of. Anyways, thanks again <3

Megan Megan

Awesome artwork. Very expressive. I especially liked how you left some parts in the face quite bright to make it even more plastically / threedimensional. Nice how you have highlighted the eyes / eyebrows and the mouth. The only thing which i have noticed is that the left eye is a little bit smaller then the right one - but i am nitpicking :D

Great work. Also recommended you for the portal. Keep it up!

jiejiep responds:

Thank you for your response! Yes, the eye is indeed smaller! I don't remember if I just didn't notice until coloured or was just too lazy to change, haha. Oh yes, I was scouted by Metastable-Steve just now. Probably thanks to you then! Thank you!

Royal Purple Dragon Royal Purple Dragon

Great Work Ashley! Nice skin texture. I like how the light reflects in this work. Keep it up :D

AshleyAlyse responds:

Thanks so much! Happy you like it! :D

A Pretty Face A Pretty Face

Ultra awesome - just as always :D I like its vintage / noir touch. Favorited!